Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Little Miss Sunshine
I love this picture of Riley. It truly shows her personality. Riley has been a challenge from the beginning. I don't know if it's because she's a girl and girl's are really hard or she likes to see how far she can push me over the limit. Now that Logan's in school and the twins are 18 months I can finally breathe. I do need to use my time better with her. I feel that she never had the right amount of attention given to her just like Logan, Colbie and Ethan. Also, she may have a little bit of middle child syndrome like her daddy did growing up. I do need to take a step back and think about why Riley does what she does because she tries to help out the best she knows how and to me it looks like she is making a mess or getting into things she's not suppose to. The reason Riley and I have a hard time with each other is that Riley is just like me. I do need to push my self to have more patience with her. Being a stay at home mom is HARD! I guess I'm living in fear instead of by faith. Riley is growing up and I wish I could go back and start all over with her, but I can't. I need to keep moving forward and stop dwelling on the past. Life happens! I hope someday I will find a way to understand where Riley is coming from.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That is a cute picture!!! You are a great mom!! You definitely have your hands full, don't get down on yourself...We all have moments like that, but you are right just look forward and keep up the good work.
What Spencer had middle child syndrome? No. I think it's inevitable. Amy had it too.
Whit- I understand what you mean... I wish that I could go back and start over with Gavin. Poor 1st child, we messed up on some things for sure. I was having one of these moments and I read this talk: "Parenting: Everything to do with the heart" by Patricia T. Holland. Get on lds.org and check it out. She gives some good advise for us weary moms.
Whitney, I think you are doing an outstanding job as a Mom. I'm having Grandpa syndrome because I'm so far away from some of my precious ones. I love you all!
That picture is adorable!! And I agree, being a mom is HARD!!!! And I only have one little monster! :) You are amazing though. Call me when you need to chat.
Love ya!
Post a Comment