Riley turned 5 on Nov. 24th. Things have gotten a little bit better between us. We are still working on it. Anyway, here is what Riley has been up to. She taught herself how to whistle and every time she is cleaning here room she whistles. She is going to start taking piano lessons again now that she is a year older and wiser. She has more interest now and so it may be a little easier getting her attention when I teach her piano. Riley has been growing her hair long since last year. We used to cut it short so it was easier to take care of. I made an agreement with her if she wants to have long hair then she has to comb it everyday and not scream at me when I do her hair. So far she has done pretty good. She has been asking me if she could get her ears pierced and for now she'll have to wait until she turns 8. Why wait until she is 8 you ask, well, I would like her to be responsible for taking care of her pierced ears so I don't have to do as much and my biggest reason is by then she'll be old enough to understand that piecing your ears means it's permanent and you can't go back on your decision. She loves getting her picture taken and it has been good for me to get practice so someday I can do Photography part time. Spencer had a family home evening where he taught the kids how to make goals and what the word goal meant so Riley has decided to make a goal to stop sucking her thumb for a month. Sometimes she catches herself and other times she gives in, but for the most part she is trying to stop on her own. She has been doing better with trying new things without crying or getting scared. That has been a big obstacle we have conquered. She will be starting Kindergarten in the fall. Riley has been a joy to have in our lives and she has taught me patience. Thank you for being my sweet Daughter Riley! Love always,
Mom

No comments:
Post a Comment