Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mr. Mrs. Snappy Pants

Guess what we saw out in the road in front of our house this morning? Mr. Mrs. Snappy Pants the turtle. He She was about 12 in. wide and from head to tail was 18 in. long. He She must have come from the field behind our house. He She was very aggressive and when our neighbor tried to pick him her up to move him her off of the road he almost got his finger bit off.



3 comments:

Diana said...

I bet you anything that that is not a Mr. That is a Mrs. And she is most likely looking for a place to lay her eggs. Snapping turtles lay their eggs in mid May. I know this because we had one that same size lay her eggs in our flour bed. They will travel up to 5 miles to find the perfect place to lay their eggs. Do you have a pond near by?

Diana said...

Haha, I mean flower bed.

Spencer said...

We do have a couple of ponds, and a small lake nearby. Funny, I didn't even notice the "flour bed".